Independent Women And Relationship




Can You be Independent in a Relationship?

won't give I direct answer to the question above, but here's my thought. I've heard
so many matured single ladies hoping to meet their dream men use these statements alot: "I've got my own money, thus I don't care about what he has or has to offer, I'm just interested in being with him". "I don't need a man to take care of me, I can take care of myself". "I cannot be under the authority of any man, I'm my own woman", etc. The question I want to ask here before I go further is this, " can two people in love stand any chance of building a successful relationship without actually depending on each other?"

I don't think any relationship can actually thrive without both partners depending on each other. When some people talk about meeting needs in a relationship, all they talk about are the financial and material needs. They forget that there are also emotional need, physical need, sexual need, social need, etc. There's more to a relationship than just meeting financial and material needs.

Being in a relationship with someone is all about sharing everything you are and have with such someone. It's through such sharing that partners in a relationship create a stronger bond between each other. But, in other for there to be a sharing between both partners, there has to be a need for what is to be shared.

If I claim to love you and I can't meet your needs or you don't allow me to meet your needs because you want to prove to me that you're strong and Independent, what then is the connection between us? Needs being met in relationships create the connection between both partners. And for those needs to be met, both partners must depend on each other and make themselves vulnerable to each other.

It's so cool that you have your own money and can meet your financial and material needs, but you need to understand that Relationship is much more than just meeting material and financial needs. It's more about building every aspect of your life with someone that you cherish and that someone is also willing to do same with you.

Going into a relationship with the "i am an independent woman" mentality and attitude may get in the way of the progress of your relationship; because you will either consciously or unconsciously send the "I don't need you to help me, I can do it myself" message to your partner. And this will create a kind of disconnection between the two of you.

If a relationship is ever going to stand a chance of succeeding, the parties involved in it must be willing to share everything that they are and have with each other. You can't be self dependent in a relationship. A relationship is all about mutual dependence. If you can't trust me enough to allow me take care of your needs regardless of whether you can meet those needs yourself or not, then you don't have any business being in a relationship with me.

There is no such thing as being independent in a relationship. You can't be in a relationship and seek to be independent. Should you always have such need for Independence, then you don't need to be in a relationship. No Relationship can ever succeed without mutual dependence on each other by the parties in it.

What do you think? You're welcome to share your thought on the comment section. Thanks for stopping by.

Related posts:
My Thought on True Feminism

Who is a Real Man or a Strong Woman?

No comments:

Post a Comment